Apr 28, 2021
1) What led Mary Lou to shift from teaching high school students to a joint appointment at Idaho National Labs and Idaho State University
2) Her work in South Africa at the Pebble Bed Modular Reactor
3) Mary Lou's involvement in the American Nuclear Society from member to president
4) The many applications of nuclear...
Apr 26, 2021
1) Why Lars Roobol’s early interest in radiation was triggered by the incident at Chernobyl
2) How the material test reactor in the Netherlands contributes to nuclear medicine
3) A comparison of risk communication and public perception of nuclear and other industries
4) Lars discusses some market incentives to...
Apr 21, 2021
1) Dan’s early work in various uranium enrichment methods and technologies
2) The origin of the TVA and its unique model within the U.S. government
3) The TVA’s work on the Clinch River Nuclear Technology Park
4) Innovative approaches to site permitting, advanced construction methods, and supporting...
Apr 14, 2021
1) Brett’s first introduction to nuclear as a University of Florida undergraduate
2) Brett’s career transition from nuclear engineer to nuclear policy expert
3) The Clean Air Task Force’s role in supporting nuclear energy as a tool to decarbonize the energy grid
4) The future of nuclear energy and projects...
Apr 12, 2021
1) Michelle's career spanning from engineering to public policy
2) The Energy Impact Center's (EIC) work and partnering with the University of Michigan for the Nuclear Grand Prize Challenge
3) An update on the Nuclear Grand Prize Challenge and other EIC projects
4) Michelle's work on Open100 and her goals for the...