May 12, 2021
1) A look at Steven Arndt’s early studies in nuclear instrumentation & controls and probabilistic risk assessments
2) How the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has adapted to a changing industry over the years
3) What the regulation change or exemption process looks like for new reactor licensees
4) How the American...
May 10, 2021
1) Sama’s introduction to the energy industry and how she got hooked on nuclear
2) The study of heat transfer correlation between corium and concrete in a core meltdown
3) How to address the system cost of energy technologies and factor in decarbonization
4) Why it’s important to get nuclear energy included in...
May 5, 2021
1) What led Zion Lights to change her mind and dedicate her life to sharing nuclear with others
2) Why traditional conversations surrounding nuclear limit our ability to stop climate change
3) A sneak peek into Zion’s new grassroots movement, Emergency Reactor
4) How to take action against climate change and...
May 3, 2021
1) How Dr. Bismark Tyobeka’s early interest in physics led him into the study of radiation and nuclear reactors
2) A brief history of nuclear technology development in South Africa
3) The importance of collaboration in Dr. Tyobeka’s professional development
4) What the future of nuclear looks like in South Africa,...
Apr 28, 2021
1) What led Mary Lou to shift from teaching high school students to a joint appointment at Idaho National Labs and Idaho State University
2) Her work in South Africa at the Pebble Bed Modular Reactor
3) Mary Lou's involvement in the American Nuclear Society from member to president
4) The many applications of nuclear...